Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shellboxes

I am pleased to announce the latest “Lettered Cottage” creation- the Shellbox.


These "works of heart" are created by my Mom , Jude, and this is how she describes them-


Mom_Description


Shellboxes are available in three finishes. Honey Maple, White & Distressed Black.


Frame Corners


Each Shellbox measures 15.5”W x 15.5”H x 2” D.


Here is an example of the Distressed Black Shellbox:


Black Frame


Black_Close


Here is an example of the Honey Maple Shellbox:


Wood Frame

Here is an example of the White Shellbox:

White Frame
My Mom spends several fulfilling hours creating each one-of-a-kind Shellbox, which encapsulate her passion for art, and her love of the sea. This timeless art form bonds a part of the artist, with a part of the world, for eternity. The back of each box is numbered, and hand-signed by Jude.



Quote


Click on the button below to purchase a Shellbox. Be sure to specify which color frame you’d like in the “instructions to buyer” section. The price of each Shellbox is $109, which includes shipping and handling to the continental U.S. (If you live outside the U.S.- please email my Mom before you purchase, so that she can give you a shipping quote) Each one is packed with extreme care to ensure safe delivery. Thank you!


Email Jude@Groninger.net if you have any questions!







TESTIMONIALS:

Hi, Jude,
I wanted to tell you how much I LOVE the shellbox. It came today, and all of the shells are perfectly in place. It reminds me of my mother. We lived in Bermuda for a number of years, and she used to collect shells. I have no idea what happened to her collection, but your work brought those memories back for me so clearly. Thank you.I’m not sure where I’m going to hang it yet, but I’ve always heard that when you see something you love, buy it and worry about where it goes later!

Cheers,
Reneé

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Jude,


Here is my daughter with the shellbox. We both love it! It is perfect for her room (she loves the sea). It was beautifully packaged too. I am honored to be your first online customer.

:-)

Carol

9 comments:

Nun of a Kind! said...

These shell boxes are wonderful! I may have to plan a whole room around them! (correction...I may have to get YOU to plan a whole room around one of these! My decorating skills would never do these justice!) Obviously, talent runs in this family!

Anonymous said...

How much are the boxes?

Anonymous said...

How much do the boxes cost?

Tracy Sharlette said...

What is the cost?

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Oh Layla, they are so pretty! Tell your mom she does a fantastic job!
~Michelle

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Another great idea! Layla, your mom is lovely. Now I know where you get your genetics from! :)

rustic rooster interiors said...

Great photos . . . The way you capture each image is wonderful! What type of camera do you use? I'm in the market for a new one . . . Bad! Love your Blog!
Alexandra

Unknown said...

Do you have a shop on Etsy.com? I couldn't find one and it would be the perfect place for your stuff. I bet it would sell like hotcakes! Your eye for design is gorgeous btw. Just found your blog today and I've read almost all of it!

Donna

Lucy said...

What a fabulous idea! I love the idea of recognising each shell's individuality, that so rarely happens. At first when i just saw this, I thought I had found the perfect present for my sister in law. But now I'm wondering if I'd be able to give it away..

This comment seems to be about a year late, but still.