Monday, September 15, 2008

Written by the first person I ever loved...

"...Waking up to only the sound of birds singing, the smell of coffee brewing, and a clear view of the sunrise, is a nearly perfect start to each day. The only way to improve that would be to add the sound, smell or sight of water. My dream home is a small, cozy stone cottage, with a view straight through to the back yard when you enter the front. A nearby greenhouse would double as a dining area for large family or friend gatherings. Also, hidden on the 2 acre+ sight would be a guest house for those family members and friends. This would all be someplace with a temperate climate – windows open at least half the year – with definite seasonal changes, and within walking distance of parks, dining, and shopping. I would like to grow things – feed bodies and souls – with organic produce, herbs and cutflowers. My daily resting time would be spent reading, walking the dogs, birdwatching, listening to music or making it on my piano. Fulfilled, the days would end with a homebrewed beer or wine, watching the sunset with my happy husband..."

-Mom

15 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

that is beautiful.

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Oh my...simply beautiful. I can just picture it now - she has such a way with words!

Inspired Kara said...

I adore this :)

So dirt...

Caleb and I have been dating for almost 2 years. He is a wonderful man, and a teacher (adorable). Last night we were both just sitting at my kitchen tables at our laptops and I just had one of those mushy gushy "I love you" moments. So I scrounged up our old photo booth pics from when I first got my mac :)

He's also REALLY good at home rennovations. He currently lives in a civil war era farm house taht he gutted and remodeled, he even put up a porch swing. He's a keeper.

AJ said...

I was there with her:) BTW, I agree with the number three logo!! Or five.

Stacy said...

Sniff... beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

~Stacy

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

That does sound pretty ideal!

Anonymous said...

just lovely!

Chris said...

Two things--your mom's entry just ruined the chances for the rest of us. She's a good writer, eh?

Secondly, 165 comments???!!!! Where in the hell have all these people been?? Is that really how many lurkers you have and they're just now coming out of the wood work?? Holy shnikies!!! She was my friend first, people! Back off!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a place I would love to call home....

Nancy Hood said...

what a picture she painted in my dreams ~ I can smell the coffee and feel the breezes~

Jana said...

I totally agree! It sounds heavenly!!

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Well, that trumps my dream, lol! So, which mag will she be getting? *snort*

Loved the title sweetie~

Kari said...

What a sweet way to honor your Mom. And what a beautiful, clear picture she paints of her life. Sounds wonderful.

-Kari

"Magnolia" said...

Your Mom is a wise and thoughtful woman.

Anonymous said...

Oh Layla your mom's prose is beautiful - what a sweet reflection of her spirit.

xo,
Kim