Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tracery Interiors


While reading one of my favorite blogs, Blueprint Bliss , I learned about a company called Tracery Interiors. It was started by a firm called Dungan Nequette Architects located in Birmingham, Alabama. The Tracery shop is located in Rosemary Beach, Florida.


Tracery's Story:

The best stories are those that flow seamlessly- in which every part fits together. At Tracery, we believe a home's design should emerge in the same way. From the structure and roofline, to the furnishings and interior details- every piece should dovetail into the singular story of a home. A story that reflects the home's people, its surroundings, its place in the world.
Dungan-Nequette Architects launched Tracery in 2003 to offer clients true harmony in interior design to match the quality of its architectural design. As a result, Tracery has a unique approach to interiors. The goal is to integrate every component of a home's artistry, from architecture, woodworking, and finishes to well-appointed furnishings.
Tracery is a place that's filled with the energy of creative people with a passion for thoughtful, timeless design. We are focused on helping to tell your home's true story with powerful design that flows sensibly inside and out. Our designers don't just know colors and furnishings: they also understand the "bones" of a home- and all these components inform their interior decisions. Through our network of artisans and craftspeople, we locate perfect pieces to complete each home's unique story.
----------------------

I am officially infatuated with Tracery Interiors style. Their blending of crisp, clean-lined pieces, with time-worn antiques is right up my alley. Their attention to detail, composition and ability to edit is flawless. Organic textures and muted colors play off each other in an effortless and beautiful way. Below are photos of my favorite space they have featured on their website. It's located in Auburn, Alabama (War Eagle!), which is only about an hour away from me! :-)





I must write them and inquire about the striped fabric they used for the draperies.

I am IN LOVE...


...and look how the light and shadows create such added visual interest on the wall in the stairwell. It makes me think this house was destined to be sitting in this exact spot, positioned this exact way, and the windows and stairwell were meant to be constructed exactly where they are.

If I ever have the opportunity to build my own house, I will spend hours sitting on the empty lot, writing and drawing notes about the suns position in a journal, so that I can try to capture magic like this...

18 comments:

Lisa said...

WHAT GREAT STYLE. THANKS FOR SHARING THEM WITH US.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

I am somewhat fascinated by the way you describe the details "...composition and ability to edit. . ., then . . .organic textures and muted colors play off...an effortless and beautiful way."

You are quite poetic as well as extremely talented. I look forward to your blog entries.

Screaming Meme said...

In love!... How are you doing, girl? How is your business? I wanted to see if I could interview you? Let me know! Meme

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Isn't Tracery Interiors so great?? I love everything about them...

Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

hi Layla... i have given you an award! mosey over to see...

blessings,
Tracie

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing...I love to learn how a company started! Thanks for sharing!

Ashley Nichole.

Anonymous said...

you're very welcome! :D

Lulu and Co. said...

I absolutely agree! love the style and wood detail... on the ceiling ohh love it.I like the wing chair with the stripe of red on the hem... wish i had thought to add that to chairs i just dropped off to have slipcovered.. i could always add it later.
great post,
LuLu

Denise said...

How beautiful! Makes me want to paint all of my trim white!! Taking off cabinet doors today...what have I gotten myself into?

Anonymous said...

If you find out about the fabric please share!! I will be sharing my pictures of my bathroom and stairway with you soon. We are almost done!

3 Peanuts said...

You are so right about the house sitting exactly where it should be to create shadows and welcome the light that way. I was thinking the same thing. Webuilt our last home and it had incredible light!

lori vliegen said...

i just love living in such a small world! i lived in the florida panhandle a couple of years ago, very near rosemary beach, and i've been in the tracery shop. it's absolute heaven on earth! :)

Stacy said...

I checked out Tracery's website recently and the striped drapery fabric has been haunting me! Please share if you find out. Thanks for the great post!
Stacy

Unknown said...

... enjoying your blog!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! Great wording and photos! Thanks for sharing, I will have to investigate this Tracery!
~Misti

Unknown said...

Thanks Layla,

I really enjoyed this post.

Deb

Anonymous said...

That is looking fine, You can decorate your Interiors with casamodern’s designer products.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! We love that people love our work. You can also become our fan on facebook and always see our newest work.