Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eddie Ross Framing Party at Larson Juhl




Before I tell you about our exciting day at Eddie's framing part yesterday, I just want to say that NeilMed Sinus Rinse is THE BOMB. After just three rinses, I felt much more like my old self again. I'm still not 100%, (and I did see stars a couple of times yesterday- is that weird?) but I think I'm getting better so thanks to those who recommended it!

Now, on to Eddie and Larson Juhl!

The Larson Juhl building was amazing.
The lobby was decked out with the prettiest floral arrangements...







And the food they served was delicious!
Tea sandwiches, gourmet teas, lemonade, chilled wine, and miniature desserts covered several tables in the lobby.





We all mingled and chatted for the first hour...



Then we all went into another room and enjoyed Eddie's presentation. It was wonderful and funny and informative. It was so neat to get design ideas from the man behind so many of the beautiful images in Martha Stewart Living magazine!

They gave away this framed canvas at the end of the presentation...



Eddie shot the photo and Larson Juhl printed it on canvas and framed it.

You'll never guess who won!
I don't want to totally give the answer away before she has a chance to blog about it on Monday, but here's a hint for all those that are extra curious:
check out her jacket.
:-)

After the raffle, we all went back out to the lobby for more food and photos.
Here's one of Kevin, Eddie and me...



And from left to right, this is Renae Moore, Rhoda, Eddie, Mary Kay Andrews, me and Kevin.



Mary Kay is one of my favorite authors. She wrote "The Fixer Upper" and if you haven't already read it, I highly recommend it!



And last, but not least, I had to break out a little craziness at the very end of the soiree.
Move your mouse back and forth over the photo below to witness me letting my inner lunatic out. :-)



Oh! And before I forget, the reason I asked for help translating the sentence written in French the other day is because I gave Eddie and Jaithan an old book I picked up at a flea market called "Grammaire Francaise".
It was such a neat little book, and after seeing the photo of the books on their mantel in Lonny magazine, I knew they would appreciate it's charm.


Photo: Lonny

Along with the sentence I blogged about the other day, it had some other things written in pencil inside the front cover...



I forgot to take a picture of it, but it also said, "Hattie Morgan. St. Marys. Raleigh, NC", and inside the back cover Hattie had written, "June 21, 1878".

I called St.Mary's in Raleigh, but unfortunately they've had a couple of fires and much of the information they had about students who were enrolled their in the 1800's has been destroyed.
:-(
The woman I talked to said they did offer a French class in the 1800's though, so I feel pretty confident little Miss Hattie was enrolled there.

Gotta love a 132-year-old flea market find!

Layla :-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS- I'll be back this afternoon to announce the winner of the Wish!

28 comments:

The Domestic Princess said...

Looks like so much fun. That picture is so funny =)

Jojo said...

I read your blog all the time but didn't see you at the event. So sorry to have missed you but wasn't it just a perfect day and didn't you just love the wonderful giveaways!

Unknown said...

Love the photos of you, Kevin and Eddie!!! And yay for lucky Miss Rhoda~
Looks like it was a lovely day (totally jealous over here!!!).

Aura said...

Love your boots! I would have eaten up every bit of that food, finger foods are my favorite. And that picture with all the old books on the mantle is amazing. I used to collect old books when I was a huge thrift store junkie in my high school days, but I got rid of all of them when I got to college. I regret it so badly, now!

Christine said...

great photos! It looks like so much fun.

Kate Riley said...

I don't know what's more fabulous. That 123 year old text, Eddie's party, or your boots.

Can't decide.

Looks like so much fun ! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Tricia said...

What fun! The photos that you took of the arrangements are breathtaking! So beautiful.

XO*Tricia

Anonymous said...

Fun Fun Fun!!! Wish I was in that shot~ Glad that you feel better!

ggfblog said...

I love the story about Hattie! I grew up in Raleigh and St. Mary's has a ton of history... what a great find :) Glad you are feeling better!!

Laura

Alyssa said...

You must've gotten so many ideas! Thanks for posting the book as well. It's a good thing.

Angie said...

Hi! I love your blog and read it all the time. I grew up in Raleigh and graduated from Saint Mary's in 1996. There really is so much history at the school. I love it when the world gets a little smaller.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Fun to relive it all again! What a fantastic day spending some time with you and Kevin AND Eddie, of course. It was a memorable one for me and yes, I'm pretty excited today. :) Loved all your pics!

Quinn said...

Who was responsible for the amazing looking food??!!

nell ann said...

Layla -- We have the same boots! Only mine are gray. Now I feel much cooler. : )

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I'm an avid Eddie fan and would have loved to have joined you. What a sweet and incredibly thoughtful gift! Looks like so much fun :).

angela | the painted house said...

Yeehaw! Look at that kick! Guess you weren't seeing stars then. :)

So good to meet you and Kevin!

Wendy said...

What a lovely event....why is it that all these fun things happen in the South? And that lucky Rhoda...what a gal!

Imagery by Kimberly said...

Hi Layla!!!

Fantastic post! I loved all of your AWESOME photos!! What a wonderful time you all must have had. You are tooooooooooo cute (boots rock) and you and Kevin are such an adorable couple - love you!!!

Thanks for taking us with you and I hope you are feeling MUCH better today. Sinus stuff is no fun!


xo,
Kim

Things That Inspire said...

Looks like an amazing event, and so great to see the bloggers behind the blogs.

Tara said...

Love the book! I bought that same plastic federal bullseye mirror years ago at SArmy, and painted it white. Glad to see it in a mag.

Kurtzhals said...

OOoh cool!
Funny thing at first I was like, 'I dig Kevin's Pants" then when you were kickin youd leg all crazy I was all, "I dig Layla's boots" then I saw the photo of his french book collection and was like "WOAH, I dig that book collection".
God tells us not to covet but DANG< I want everything in that last post.
Although I don't think my 6'4" hubby would be able to pull off Kevin's pants, they'd be a bit short don't you think?

Sarah said...

i have the fixer upper, need to start on it soon! Looks like a fun day!

Jennifer said...

I am so sad to have missed this!

Anatomy of A Dinner Party said...

Love your blog! I would have loved to have visited with you on Saturday, but next time!

Unknown said...

Great to meet you and Kevin. We had so much fun with Eddie, Jaithan and everyone on Saturday. It was hard for all of us here at Larson-Juhl to go back to "business as usual" this week!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

FANTASTIC pictures! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Layla & Kevin! you too are so sweet!!! I know I love to use an !!!!! Jaithan and I loved meeting you and can't thank you enough for the AMAZING gift! we LOVE IT!!! we will be doing a post on it soon. We have been so CRAZY with the ELLE DECOR window I think we have had about a total of 8 hours of sleep between 3 days.
Big Hug! xoxo
Eddie & Jaithan

blackflame1389 said...

I don't know if you've gotten a translation for that French, but it means "It is necessary to always bring my pencils to class." (Direct is: "It needs forever bring my pencils to class.") I'm on my fifth year of French... so I enjoy lending my mind every so often.