Thursday, September 16, 2010

Junk Bonanza 2010 - Day 1

It's 10 o'clock on Thursday night, and we're finally back at the hotel, enjoying our squishy queen-sized beds.

They didn't have any rooms with a king-sized beds left, so we're kickin' it Ricardo-style for a couple of days.

lucy and desi beds Pictures, Images and Photos



We spent most of the day scouting potential shooting locations at Junk Bonanza...



And lemme just tell ya-
that place incredible!

A lot of the flea markets we go to have one cool booth, and then five or six so-so ones, but at Junk Bonanza it is complete awesomeness from front to back baby!

I bought (and Tweeted about) a few things while we were there, and I look forward to bloggin about 'em after we get back home, and have a chance to catch our breath!

Photobucket

Another highlight of the day was having lunch with these two...



We're working with them on a fun project for the upcoming Flea Market Style magazine, and it was so fun meet them in person!

We're big fans of their work!


(Heather's beautiful library table)




(One of Ki's recent junkin' scores)

Photobucket

As for the spontaneous search for someone to junk and re-do a room with, the production company we're working with chose a DIY-lovin' gal named Carla.



She and her husband, Alex, live in a 1924 Dutch Colonial style house, located in downtown Minneapolis...



We're gonna help them finish decorating their guest bedroom.

They've done a great job renovating it so far...

BEFORE...


NOW...


...and we're lookin' forward to helping them finish it tomorrow with some goodies from Junk Bonanza!

Be back soon with some "AFTER" pics!





PS-

Thanks to everyone who emailed about the junk/re-do show!
We really, really appreciate your willingness to let us come over on such short notice!

*HUG*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanna see what Carla scores at Junk Bonanza before we blog about the makeover?

Join us on Facebook or Twitter!

Photobucket



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help arranging your furniture?

Need design help?

Check out my e-book!

20 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

You are really getting us excited! Tracey, traci and I are headed out tomorrow van in tow!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Gosh, I wish we had something like the Junk Bonanza here in northern CA. I would just love something like that!

angela walker jewelry said...

Can't wait to see how the room turns out! Wish we had something like that here in Pittsburgh!
Health and happiness to you both,
Angela

laurmela said...

Next time you are in So Cal, give me a call! I so have a room that needs a little 'refresh' Lettered Cottage Style. Looking foward to seeing what you find.

Phil said...

I'm so glad to hear that the Junk Bonanza is full of great finds. I am heading out there Friday! Perhaps I'll bump into you. :) Love the blog, keep those great posts coming...

Lili said...

Hi, hi...I'm living vicariously through The Lettered Cottage's adventures... :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Layla,

You two will need a staycation when this is over with!
Looking forward to seeing the magic you work on lucky Carla's home.

Your Friend,
Deborah

Brenda said...

If you would like to come to Colorado, let me know! I have a couple of rooms you could choose from! Brenda

{darlene} said...

congrats Carla! looks like fun!

Traci Michele said...

Fun!

Would you consider sponsoring my blog? I'd love to have you in my sidebar, and I think your blog fits with my "inspirational" theme.

Love,
Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations (http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com)

chris said...

I'm excited to see what happens!

Gabby said...

*LOL* I love that you each used one of the queen beds. My hubby and I do that if we're out of town and they don't have a bed with a king. We don't function on a queen together, so we each take one. We're still together, we just have a little more space. Heaven! ^_^

nonchalantgirl.blogspot.com

bernie said...

You seriously have the best blog!! I am originally from MN and my daughter now lives in Mankato...it is beautiful there and I always manage to check out the thrift stores in town and the fun store Weeds and Reed in neighboring New Ulm. If you have time you should check it out! It is in an OLD gas station on Hwy 14...
Hope you are enjoying your time at the Junk Bonanza! Bernie

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Hey Layla....!

THANKS so much for your recent comment.... :o) !! I had an absolute BLAST at Junk Bonanza & am already planning for next years visit....!

I can't wait to see the rest of your pics from the show....!

Cheers for now from Austin....Travel SAFE,
Tamarah :o)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Can't wait to see what happens!

Jess @ Reclaimed Marketplace said...

Layla,

Love the Ricardo Style-that was cute! haha. We are routing for you guys!!


Jess & Mr. M

www.myreclaimed.com/blog

Gretchen said...

It was great to see the two of you fly by my booth at the Junk Bonanza. I recognized you two, but hadn't had time to blog lately with preparation for Junk Bonanza, so didn't realize you were going to be there. Would of loved to of met you, but as a vendor I was destined to be in my booth, as there were so many great shoppers out and about. It was a great show, and I'm so pleased to hear you thought so too. Looking forward to seeing what you do with Carla's guest room. Good luck with the pilot show for TV. It'd be grand if a young talented couple like you two get a gig.
Gretchen
http://mimitoriasdesigns.blogspot.com

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

(I think your link is wrong ... http://www.fleamarketstylemag.blogspot.com)

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

Heather and Ki - so jealous!!!!
I love, love Flea Market Style!

Anna said...

I am *IN LOVE* with that side table. Love the wooden legs, the worn look, everything about it!

Anna
http://wastedbandwidth.org