Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Yard Sale

I'm happy to report that our yard sale was a TOTAL BLAST, and we sold everything in the trailer, and almost everything single thing we had packed into the van.

Yesss!

It's a good thing too, 'cause Kev and I weren't about to lug all that stuff back to Prattville and re-load it back into the house!

The house feels so much cleaner, and more spacious, and I'm totally diggin' it.

(Why didn't I do this earlier!?)

(Oh yeah, because it's been 99 degrees all Summer, and it was a refreshingly crisp 94 degrees today.)

Photobucket

We met SO many friendly folks at the sale too.

(Sorry if I got sweat on anyone I hugged today. That sun kicked our butts quick!)

I am usually such a homebody, so it was really good for me to get out and socialize with mammals that don't have whiskers and tails for a change.



I was a little intimidated when we pulled up and saw how many people were there, but everyone was so sweet. Including Rhoda- who ended up handling most of our "financial transactions" for me 'cause I felt too weird asking people for money.


(Me, sporting my "I feel so strange taking your five dollar bill" smile.)

And thank goodness for a helpful gal by the name of Beth who helped us get the van we were driving, and trailer we were pulling, up to Rhoda's house.

She did a funny blog post about it that you can find HERE.

It was a pretty wild morning to say the least!
LOL!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, we're starting our road trip to Minnesota bright and early tomorrow morning so that we make it in time for our gig at Junk Bonanza on Thursday and Friday.
(It's a 17+ hour drive to my aunt and uncles in Wells, MN- ugh!)

But this is a super exciting/semi nerve-wracking time for Kev and I, (more on that later) so I look forward to documenting and blogging about our crazy trip throughout the week!

Cross your fingers for us...



PS-

If you're going Junk Bonanza, please come up and say hello!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep us company on our road trip to Junk Bonanza!

Join us on Facebook and Twitter!

Photobucket



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help arranging your furniture?

Need design help?

Check out my e-book!

28 comments:

Leo said...

I would be the same as you...I would not do well with the financial transactions! Looks like it was a great time....

Sandra said...

The yard sale looks a bit like a gong show with people holding their newly purchased items above their heads but it looks to have been a great experience as well (is that Kevin with the white bench held aloft above his his head?? or some other guy with similar tattoos?). Hooray!

Junk Bonanza...sigh...another thing I REALLY dig about the States that we don't have much of up here.

As for your 'super exciting/semi nerve-wracking time'...now you have me wondering... :)

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

That was a great idea to have someone handle the financials at the yard sale! Your road trip sounds like it will be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to hearing the updates on your trip:)

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

I just read about the Junk Bonanza in the WWC magazine and would LOVE to come... guess there is always next year.....

CG Digital + Strategy + Branding said...

Wow...looks like an awesome garage sale...by the way love your blog!!!!

Chiara @ mylittletiara.blogspot.com

jo said...

You can stay at our house. We are on a cute little farm with cows and cats and two great labs and just 20 min. from Junk Bonanza. Much closer than Wells. You are more than welcome. Heck, I'll even cook! See you there.

MrsKBJ said...

I wish I lived near you! I am looking forward to going to the country living fair in Columbus this month with my mom. I missed it last year. Have you ever been?
http://www.countryliving.com/cl-fair/country-living-fair-2010?src=edit&mag=clg&chan=hp&click=leftnav&link=country-living-fair-2010&click=pp

Ness Lockyer said...

Yep, I hate the asking for money part too. Thats why I wait for my Mum to be here with me. Looks like it was a huge success. Now you can buy moe stuff ;0)
Ness xx

Anonymous said...

I can easily understand the anxiety of being surrounded by that many people. So happy the yard sale was a success!

Your Friend,
Deborah

mama walker said...

Did anybody knows who's company they were in?? You guys are celebrities to me. That said you are more than welcome(I'm trying hard not to beg) to stay with us on the road trip up. We live in Ankeny Iowa, about 4-5 hours from minnesota.

michelle said...

Oh How fun and nerve racking!! I don't like people coming up to me like that and then start shouting numbers at me, OIY!!! It looks like you handled everything with style and grace!! Beth's post was way cute!

Have a safe trip, you are coming up to my neck of the woods! You will happy to know that it is not 90 degrees up here and hopefully the weather will help ease some anxiety! :)

Sylvia said...

I knew the sale would be a huge success. You, Kevin and Rhoda are celebrities...with great things to sell. Have a safe trip.

Tatum @ Tatum's Take said...

Hi Layla! Glad that it was a success. I would have felt a bit weird and overwhelmed myself lol. Thank goodness for good friends.
Manymomentsofme.blogspot.com

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I knew you would do well. I be people were throwing some elbows for a chance to get something from the famed Lettered Cottage into their homes. Congrats!

Simply Complex said...

Are you freaking kidding me? My family is from Wells, MN! What a small world (and a super small town). That is crazy!

A House and Home said...

Wow! looks like a lot of people!

AntiqueChase said...

You look so calm on the picture of a picture taken at a garage sale.... I was hoping for a video of the day...LOL

Homegrown Photography said...

The Junk Bonanza sounds like fun! You should be sure and add Antique Weekend to your road trip too! Antique Weekend is more than a weekend, but more like 2 weeks :) It's in Warrenton, Round Top and other small surrounding towns here in Texas. It's a HUGE deal with 1000's of dealers... there's a website if you're interested: www.antiqueweekend.com

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*~*congrats on your sale!! sounds like it was fun~*~*~ Rachel :)

Donna said...

Looks likE it was a faBULOUS SALE!!! lOOKS LIKE YOU SOLD WONDERFUL THINGS OR ADVERTISED WELL. hOW FUN! i HAVE A SALE AND NO ONE WANTS TO WALK DOWN MY LONG DRIVEWAY! hMMMM, NEXT YEAR i'LL COME BRING A TRUCK AND SELL AT YOURS!!

Donna said...

Oops!! Sorry the caps were on!!

Dee said...

I might have to go to Junk Bonanza and find you! I am only about 30 miles from there. It is so much fun! See you there! Looks like you had a great time with Rhoda.

The Langham's said...

Hi Layla,

We were at the yard sale. I wanted a chance to introduce myself and tell you how much I enjoy your blog. But, as shown above, you were a little busy. Ha. It was neat to see you and Kevin. I'm pretty sure I told him he was a good sport. My husband was there with me. He was a good sport too. :) Glad to hear you sold everything.

Anonymous said...

I told the Dh in JAnuary to save the date for Junk Bonanza. As the year went on and I was so excited and would bring it up, he wore me down. He "explained" that I had other obligations I should not put off and eventually I gave in.
So all you wonderful junkers who are fortunate enough to be there - please share often and lots of photos and stories. I plan on making DH read EVERY SINGLE one.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh that hair is the BEST!!! I had the exact same thing, only I used Aussie Sprunch spray for mine. Every now and then I get a grape scented whiff and it takes me back. Yeah!!

Kristin said...

I just discovered your blog and am really enjoying it! Thanks for all of the great inspiration.

Kristin

The Langham's said...

I wrote a post about the yard sale. I just thought I would share. Happy Monday.

http://abbyandjuddlangham.blogspot.com/2010/09/yard-sale-mayhem.html

Michelle said...

I just added a yard sale post to my blog as well. We loved getting to meet you, Layla!

Michelle
http://homewoodiswheretheheartis.blogspot.com