Wednesday, December 31, 2008


I enjoy helping people with the design and decoration of their home so much.
It's especially rewarding when I receive wonderful testimonials from my clients upon completion of their project.
Here are a few letters I loved...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admitting that I needed help was a HUGE step for me. See, I'd been living in a boring, colorless home for years, and I had the idea that I could decorate it myself just fine, thank you very much. However, my LIFE wasn't boring. My life was full of color and love and family and warmth, and I really wanted to bring that into my family room. I sought help, and Layla answered me. Now I'm on the road to recovery! I've rearranged and hung photos of my family. I'm on the verge of painting, and I have a definite plan for my room. With Layla's help, I now know what to look for when I'm out shopping, and I'm finding some awesome stuff right here in my own home! Layla worked with my (practically non-existent) budget, and actually encouraged me to do and make things myself! I love that! Thanks Layla!

- Kelleigh from Dallas, Oregon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Layla-
I could cry. Really cry. You know when you watch those HGTV shows and the designer does the reveal to her client and the client covers their mouth with their hand and starts crying...this is me. I am in awe. Shock. My husband loves what you have done. We are both laying here in bed discussing all the elements and how to implement them. I can't wait!
Girl, you have found your calling!
I'm beyond happy. Beyond your biggest fan. Well worth the wait. Completely satisfied. Elated!

Christy from Oak Ridge, Tennessee

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I was at my wits end trying to deal with an odd shaped living room filled with mix-matched furniture. I loved the look of each furniture piece, but there was no real style or cohesive look and yet I kept searching craigslist and garage sales to score new pieces to add to the pile. Lucky for me, while searching the internet for cottage designs, I found Layla and her Lettered Cottage. I loved her home remodel story, her cute hubby and her spunky attitude. After a few months of reading her blog and admiring her home, I decided to sign up for a Virtual Consultation for my living room. For some crazy reason, I thought "there is nothing she can come up with that I haven't already thought of, but I'll give it a try anyway." Silly, silly me. When I first received her virtual consultation design plan I thought "who's beautiful living room is that?" Mine!! She used all of my current furniture (minus a few items) and had me add a new rug to the foyer (I didn't know I had a foyer!) Her virtual consultation provided many different views of her redesign and her detailed written suggestions. I loved her design so much that I incorporated every detail - right down to the candle sticks. I am thrilled and will be getting consultations for every other room in my home!

- L. Thornton from West Hills, California

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla- WOW!! I'm so thrilled. What I love about your consultation is that it was totally do-able. You worked within my parameters and gave me license to play around a little bit. I never would have tried ANY of this if you hadn't INSPIRED me!!

- Carolyn from Richmond, VA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One design blog recently wrote a post about not getting online designers to help you because they need to see your house in person to give you good advice. But Layla always seem to know what each person needs and will love. I have had Layla work with me on a number of projects in the past few months. So much so that I constantly ask myself, "I wonder what Layla would do or say?" And my husband doesn't even have to ask me who Layla is anymore!
When I first visited her blog I wondered how she would advise others who had different styles than her own. Well, no worries there because Layla seems to just know. I know that has been true for me. I get so excited when I see an e mail from Layla because I know it is going to excite me! And besides being a gifted decorator, she is just plain sweet and easy to work with...someone who you would love to sit down and share a cup of coffee with. She has made me come to love decorating as well as finding a good bargain. I would highly recommend her for any of your decorating needs, whether it be a single design question or a full consult.
Layla- please do not underestimate the gifts you have obviously been given...really, I am not a professional, but I know that you have something special going on girl.

- Denise from Louise, Virginia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layla, this is why YOU are the designer! I never thought of centering everything! And believe me, I have invested a lot of hours thinking about it. I can’t wait to start shopping and give this a try, I will definitely update you as it progresses. Thank you so much for your input, truly valuable!

- Allison from Shoreview, Minnesota

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had never thought of the ideas you presented me. It was just such a fresh perspective! It has been a true joy getting to know you. I will NOT hesitate to employ your help in the future.

- Renee from Uvalde, Texas
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you get when you combine one living area that needs a new look + no real budget to work with + one homeowner with a frazzled brain + Layla Palmer’s great vision, skill and experience???? (Cue the bells and whistles.) You get a design service from soup to nuts, yielding a fresh, pulled together look and a giddy customer!Layla asks all sorts of questions before she begins her actual design and incorporates all of your requirements, while heeding whatever limitations you may have (i.e. budget, reuse of furniture, finding a place for that special, life-sized, papier mache, lilac colored, pot-bellied stove – the one that lists to the right side – that you just can't live without .) The software she uses for her virtual consultation is remarkable; the images she can produce look just like your actual room! That added a bonus entertainment factor for me. Her prices are more than competitive; the quality of her work is exemplary. I'm not the first to say it, but say it I must: Layla is a design genius! (Cue the confetti.)
Thank you so much for all of your help, Layla!

- PJ from Milford, Delaware


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working with Layla was an absolute delight. I love interior design myself, and hadn't planned on using a professional to decorate when we built our new house in 2008. However, there were certain rooms where I just felt stuck and scared to move forward. I contacted Layla and she was professional, gracious, and FUN to work with throughout the entire process. She was responsive to things I did and did not like and worked with me until we found ideas that I knew were perfect for our space! More than anything, Layla continually surprised me with ideas that I never would have thought of on my own-that was most valuable to me. I have called on her for multiple design consultations and have referred her to friends and all of my blog readers!

- Erin from Greenwood, Indiana


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this room. It is exactly what I was wanting and dreaming about. Really- you are amazing. You have a true gift. You've never even met me and I feel like you've captured my personality in this room. I cannot wait to get started. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will be in touch if I have any more questions.

- Cara from Durham, North Carolina

No comments: