Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Emily's Neutral Nursery

Hey friend!

We're still workin' away here at the feature house on Tybee- so today we're showcasing another fabulous "before and after" here on the ol' bloggity-blog.

It's from a friendly reader named Emily whose nursery was a big hit the first time we featured it.

The first time around, however, she didn't include photos of what the room looked before, so we were stoked when she them to us last week. Boy did that room change!
Check it out...


Photobucket

Hey Layla!

I know I've shared my baby room with you before, but as you know, we're adopting and we're still waiting for our precious baby.

We're continually tweaking, adding to, and perfecting the nursery.

The design was inspired by your reading room, but I don't think I showed you the before pictures last time.

Here's how it used to look...





And here's how it looks now...







I made it my mission to create a beautiful, neutral baby room (that wasn't yellow or green), and created something that goes perfectly with our house.

I can't wait to bring a baby home to this room!

Love,
Emily from "Joy in the Journey"


Photobucket

We hope you enjoyed the tour of Emily's nursery as much as we did, and if you've got a nursery you'd like to show off, we hope you'll add a link to it here too!

Just follow these three, simple steps to add your thumbnail link below:

- Create a descriptive name for your re-do in the “Name” field. This will make it easier for folks to browse through all the different re-do's.

- Make sure to link to your specific nursery re-do post, not the main page of your blog.

- If you want to, link to this post from your post so that all your readers can join in on the fun too.


Thanks in advance to everyone who links up!







-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanna see what we're up to on Tybee Island?

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!

Photobucket



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help arranging your furniture?

Need design help?

Check out my e-book!

24 comments:

Janna said...

NO WAY is that the same room - amazing makeover!

The whole thing is gorgeous and perfect for a boy or a girl. LOVE the giant diaper pin!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely perfect neutral nursery. I pray that it is filled with a very lucky little baby soon.

Anonymous said...

This nursery truly is a dream. The wide stripes and the cream are just gorgeous. I don't really want a baby at the moment, but this room is making me think otherwise. :)

Congrats on the adoption. My cousin has been with us two year in October, and she is the most longed-for, cherished child. What a beautiful way to form a family.

Cass@Happiness Lives Here said...

The nursery is sublime. I am enamored with the striped wall and the vinyl (I think it's vinyl) lettering on the wall made my heart skip a beat.

Mary Lou said...

That is without a doubt, the sweetest nursery I've ever seen. If I had a baby, which I won't since I'm almost 62, I would copy every inch of that, except for painting stripes..
I LOVE the black furniture..
Best wishes on your adoption.

All That Jazz said...

That is so amazing, I love the quote on the wall! I like the looks of a neutral nursery because you can add a bit of color here and there if you wanted and it's not too much. It just has a soft, vintage feel to be creams and whites!
~michelle~

Rachel said...

My husband really wants to be surprised in the delivery room, and my type-A self is appalled at that.

This room helped that immensely. It's gorgeous and airy and baby without being "cutesy," which I hate.

The only thing I don't like about this post is that I wish it included product and assembly details.

NanaDiana said...

Lovely room. What a total transformation...and I can't wait to see a picture of a beautiful newborn in it. THAT'S when the room will be complete. It is a soothing restful place and will be perfect for any child- boy or girl.

I know how anxious you must be but once you get that little one in your arms all the hours of waiting will just drop away. Hugs to you, sweetie- Diana

Jenny at Red House said...

Hi Layla had a little lump in my throat just then looking at the nursery makeover, hope all their dreams do come true, mine did!!! Jennyx

Pieced Pastimes said...

The nursery is gorgeous. I love the colors, the horizontal stripes, the furniture, the whole shebang! Some precious little thing has a wonderful life ahead of them!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

What a lovely baby room. It's so different with the neutral theme and I love it!

Congratulations to you too on your new baby. Hope the baby arrives soon.

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

Hi little Layla! Oh, this is just precious! We've just had our first grandchild and I'm going to put this in my inspiration file for my daughter.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

gina said...

That is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing.

Kristen said...

That nursery is beautiful! I love that it's neutral but still very baby appropriate. They did an awesome job!

Sarah said...

Holy moly! I'm dying! That room looks completely different. And sooo relaxing. I love it.

Rebecca said...

Please, you have to tell us where that ginormous safety pin came from. I love it so much I've just passed over from lurker to commenter :)

Thanks!

Emily Echols said...

Rebecca
I actually found the safety idea in the Pottery Barn magazine but searched all over the web for a cheaper one. Here is the link with all the details of the room and where everything came from. Hope this helps.

http://jeremylovesemilyechols.blogspot.com/2009/08/baby-room-details.html

Thanks for all the sweet comments about the room!
Emily

Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

Wow! This is beautiful. I've been putting some thought into what I might do one day with a baby nursery and this is definitely a great scheme. The best part is you could later add pops of color to suit a boy or girl.

I love the words on the wall and that giant diaper pin-perfect! :)

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

That room is just divine! The giant clothespin is adorable and the sentiment on the wall- sooo sweet!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

It's so pretty, so relaxing and serene! Perfect!
XO
Kristin

The Weathered Bungalow said...

The "you are a dream come true" decal got me all choked up. Very, very sweet!! Looks beautiful!

xo, Meredith

kelly said...

that is beautiful and so serene, may God bless you with a new baby soon!

ltbpt said...

Good gosh. Lucky you two are sooo cute cuz your high level reasoning skills are, well,... JK!
I thought maybe the mega EMFs from your "magnetic" personalities were the trigger!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

She did a fabulous job on her nursery! If she needs a custom initial or monogram rug in neutral colors tell her to contact www.creativecarpetdesign.com