Friday, August 6, 2010

True Value Blog Squad - 2010!


Last year, True Value invited us to be on their national "DIY Blog Squad" and we were beyond shocked and pumped. I don't know how they found us, but boy were we glad they did! With their help we were able to get a new mailbox...



fix up an old bathroom door...



And we even figured out how to tile a wall in our (half-done!) guest bathroom...



(Note: Click on the photos above if you'd like to read about those projects!)

Photobucket

Well, they've invited us to be a part of the Blog Squad again this year, and you can bet yer bottom dollar we'll be focusing on our master bedroom this time around!

We'll definitely be loading up on lots of this stuff...



We're leaning towards a pretty shade of blue, and a mellow shade of white for the walls.

Here's my inspiration...



And if you follow us on Twitter, you've already seen the sweet little $40 dresser we're going to make over...



Luckily, because the lady who owns our local True Value loves ALL things home, they carry a huge selection of decorative knobs and pulls...





We can't wait to finally be able to open those drawers without having to use MacGyver maneuvers!

Photobucket

We also look forward to seeing the projects our fellow Blog Squad members work on too...

Katie from All Bower Power

Josh from Bungalow 23

Kate from Centsational Girl

Gabrielle from Design Mom

Kit from DIY Diva

Joey & Lana from Joey and Lana Make a House a Home

Roeshel from The DIY Show Off

Brian & Paul from The Handyguys Podcast

Sarah from Thrifty Decor Chick

And from what we hear, True Value is gonna be hosting some incredible contests that YOU can get involved in too- so if you'd like to sign up to win fabulous prizes, see what's currently on sale, or just see what the Blog Squad is working on- you can follow True Value on Facebook HERE, or Twitter HERE.

Now let's get this paint party started!







*We were selected by True Value to work on the DIY Blog Squad. We've been compensated for our time commitment to the program as well as for the materials needed to complete our DIY Blog Squad projects. That being said, our opinions are entirely our own and we have not been paid to publish positive comments.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want sneak peeks of our projects before we blog about them?

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!

Photobucket




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help arranging your furniture?
Need design help?

Check out my e-book!

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!! Been seeing posts from the other blogs. Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for your bedroom.

Kara said...

Awe, That is awesome!! Congrats again!

And TOTALLY off topic, but can I ask what jeans you are wearing in the TV paint picture? They look like 7's but I was just curious what specific style.

Sorry, I am a fashion junky and those are adorable. ;)

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

How fun! I can't wait to see what you guys do. Your inspiration is stunning.

And that dresser...is gorgeous already.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love the dresser, love those knobs, love your inspiration, love you guys, can't wait to see what comes next!

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Two years in a row! SWEET. I can't wait to see what happens with that dresser, since I like it a lot already.

Sandra said...

Congrats on the Blog Squad selection!

That dresser is wonderful - isn't is great when you find something so nice for such a good price? I can't wait to see what you two come up with.

All That Jazz said...

SO exciting! You guys will do wonderfully great!! I love the "inspiration" (is it from Pottery Barn?) Love the new sign off at the end of your posts from you AND Kevin!
~michelle~

Angela said...

Congrats again...loving your inspiration picture...all the balck and white photos... but what makes that wall work...is the one picture with the blue bird and nest!!!

Yum OH!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see more!! My dresser looked very simular to the one you have. Although My , silly, husband threw away my mirror arms. He said , "well the mirror broke, I assumed you didn't need the them" gguurr. gotta love him though.

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

Congrats! How exciting.....cant wait (as always) to follow u two along on your "True Value" journey :)

ps - love that adorable dresser!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!! I can't wait to see what you do and what color you paint that dresser!

Cindy

Simply LKJ said...

3rd blog today that's had that headline! LOL Congrats to all of you.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love your inspiration picture, Layla. So pretty. Can't wait to see how the dresser turns out too. Love & blessings from NC!

Crissy said...

you are speaking my language! that PB inspiration image is posted in my office for my entry way inspiration!!!! gotta have it. if you find a neat bench like that, lemme know. i've been eyeing one at white flower farmhouse if only they shipped.

can't wait to see more!

Ashley said...

I would love love love to learn how to make over an old dresser. The end result will be fantastic, I'm sure! Your blog has inspired me to learn to see the potential in things and make them my own. :)

Do most true value stores have that many beautiful knobs to choose from? Love them!

susan said...

One of the reasons I like them is because they are locally owned! Ours is small, convenient and helpful! Congrats--Can't wait to see the bedroom!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Whah?! Dang it! I should have thrown my True Value hat in the ring. I want knobs! :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Congratulations!! You two are just too darn cute! Can't wait to see what you do!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see your bedroom transformation! Have fun. :)

Mika said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

I've been keeping the same inspiration picture on my computer. It was my inspiration for our living room!! Congrats, again. It's because of this Blog Squad challenge that I found your blog last year and became a faithful reader. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Willow Decor said...

Congratulations! I love to see all your great DIY projects!
xx-Gina

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

Congrats congrats congrats!!! Can't wait to see all your True Value projects. LOVE the inspiration for your bedroom. I have picked "Elusive Blue" from Olympic paints at Lowe's for my wall color and will be playing with colors up from there.

Lindy said...

Can't wait to see what you do in the master! I'm looking forward to see it from start to finish...
Such a good start with the cute little dresser...

Sarah said...

Congrats!! I can't wait to see your master bedroom.

I saw a couple of dressers just like that on craigslist. I wanted to buy it, but don't have room to put it anywhere.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You guys rock!

Keep up the awesome work!

love that sweet dresser!!!!!!

:) becky

Travel With Lulu said...

I just found your lovely blog through Centsational Girl True Value post - congratulations!

Laura, www.HappyHomemakerUK.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the "inspiration" photo! Beautiful paint color, and I also love black and white photographs. I think they "class" up just about any joint! haha! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your true value invitation!!

I'm definitely inspired by that photo you posted.

I'm starting painting my bedroom this weekend - maybe I'll post some pictures of what my room looks like (inspired by the same types of photos)

Jaclyn Beith said...

Excited to see how the dresser turns out! :)

Unknown said...

I love the shabby dresser in this post Layla. It is just my style. Maybe you should ship it to me instead :)

Casey said...

Congratulations on the Blog Squad challenge my friends!! In my book you are winners hands down. Love the picture wall. Are any of those fabulous photos available for sale. I already have one Layla wall and I have another wall just screaming at me!!! I almost have to wear ear muffs!! LOL But...seriously...I am always wishing you both the best. You deserve all the recognition and more. You and Kevin are fabulous at what you do. Can't wait to see the final results of all your ideas!! :)

xxxxx