Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Lettered Cottage E-zine, Coming Soon To A Computer Near You!

Happy Weekend Friend!

I wanted to give you a quick heads up about what's goin' down here in Lettered Cottage Land this week.

On Monday, Kevin & I are heading back to Tybee Island to shoot the most delicious little cottage you-ever-did-see, because we are determined to put together a kick butt e-zine for you during the month of September!



(We're shooting for an October 1st release.)

We're also gonna interview the woman who owns the cottage we'll be staying at/shooting.
She's a remarkable gal and you're gonna love her!

We also plan to shoot some kick butt, crystal-clear, high def video footage of our time at the cottage too.
And since our e-zine will be interactive, we'll be able to pop all that in their too!

(Did I mention we're determined to put together a kick butt e-zine for you?)



Anywho, we're workin' hard to pack our mag full of lots of other inspiring articles, interviews and photos too- so we re-he-he-he-heally hope you like it!

By the way, if you're wondering how "re-he-he-he-heally" is pronounced, click the play button on the divShare player below and Ace Ventura will give you a demonstration...



Photobucket

We're not gonna have an internet connection while we're away from home, but we will be publishing three incredible makeover posts here on our blog throughout the week. So be sure to swing by and check 'em out if you're lookin' for some awesome Guest Bedroom, Mudroom or Nursery inspiration.

And if you've got a Guest Bedroom, Mudroom or Nursery re-do you'd like to share, we'd love for you to link up.
There will be a Mc-Linky-Thinga-Ma-Bob at the end of each post this week, and we'd love to see whatcha got goin' on over there in your neck of the world!

Take care,



PS-

The e-zine cover above is just a mock up I put together tonight using a photo we shot earlier this year at a cottage called "Maddie's On Jones".
(It's also on Tybee Island.)

The premiere issue of our mag will actually have a different cover because I want it to be a surprise!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanna "hang with us" on Tybee Island this week?

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!

Photobucket



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help arranging your furniture?
Need design help?
Check out my e-book!

24 comments:

Allison aka Half of VAMH said...

Can't wait -- I love the e-zine you did previously! LOVE.

gretchen said...

You two did such a good job on the last e-zine, I can't wait to see what you do for this one!

Sandra said...

You are really on to something - another
e-zine? Brilliant!

The mock up is pretty cool (love the stainless steel/white/blue combo) and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you are putting together.

Angela said...

This mock-up cover looks very inviting, so I can't wait to see the real thing!!

annmarie sheffield said...

I absolutely love your blog. And the fact that your hubby participates in you blog is wonderful. Keep up the great work. Please check out my blog. And spread the word.

Unknown said...

I love to read your blog, but I don't comment enough. I like you style, so I am looking forward to your magazine.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait Layla!! So happy for you guys!

Cindy

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

I can't wait to see it. I will be counting down the days til October.

The Painted Home said...

can't wait! I'm still pushin' for a full fledged TLC mag 12 months a year! you go girl!
also, you've inspired all the women in our family to take a girls only trip to Mermaid cottages this fall. i think we'll be staying at the Flip Flop Cottage at the end of October. won't miss doing a drive by of the screened inn. Love all you do! -denise

TSL said...

So e-x-c-i-t-i-n-g!

Unknown said...

Love all you do, and can't wait to see more!!!!
~~Angela Meyer

Unknown said...

The mock-up you did is gorgeous! :) Have fun on your photo shoot. Can't wait until October!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Have fun at Tybee Island. Can't wait to see what you film. Those cottages are so awesome!!! Have a wonderful week. Safe travels! Love & blessings from NC!

BAE said...

I lust after that sink on the mock-up cover. We had one in our first (rent-controlled) apartment in NW DC many moons ago...that and the hardwood floors and the water view of the Palisades Reservoir made up for many of the amenities people can't live without any more (AC, dishwasher, washer/dryer, hot water after a certain hour in the morning because everyone in the building was getting ready to go to work!?)...I'd love one like it now!!!

Tricia said...

So excited! Congratulations on your new gig with Cottages & Bungalows too, btw. I have serious Mom brain. So if I already said congrats, just make it x2. K?!

Gail said...

You guys are amazing! Can't wait to see what you do! I know it will be great! Wherever you go in life you are heading for great things. You are just so talented!

Have a blast on your trip,

Gail

Tessa said...

Oh, yippy!! Can't wait!! Have fun on Tybee (only a little jealous!) :)

The Starr Family said...

Really excited for this e-zine!! Have loved keeping up with all your adventures and projects!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Can't wait to see it!!

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

Can't wait to see the kick-butt e-zine! Oh, and I love Ace Ventura! Hehehe!

Anonymous said...

I'm hanging out for some more decorating ideas...LOVED your last e-mag. I'll be glued to the computer waiting.

Unknown said...

I love your mockup cover. I am excited to read your e-zine. Your blog is always so inspirational. I cannot wait to see your interview and photos of the Tybee cottage. What fun!

emily said...

i love this cover! if i saw it on a stand, i'd buy it in a second! congrats!

Lisa said...

Layla $ Kevin: I found your blog by accident and since then have become addicted to yours and so many others! I want to create something great in my kitchen (and rest of house) as you have done, but I am waiting for your new ezine coming soon! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't want to miss a thing.
xoxo, Lisa